Monday, April 5, 2010

Italian Finial Decorations

I fell hard last year for these stunning reproduction 17th century style Italian finials... and now, so have my customers. The shapes are wonderful and the layers of gesso and silver/grey paint with gold flecks gives them a fantastic aged look - like old lead garden statues.



They look great on mantles too.






This pair of hand carved flowers aged the same way as the finals are a fun table accessories.



Another flower style...also, the decoupage plate in sepia tones is of actual Zuber & Cie wallpaper from a Marblehead mansion.


1 comment:

Ange said...

Finials are one of my favourite things and these are no exception!
BTW, I have just done a post on my dining chair makeover and wondered if you could help me out with a name for the type of chair they are?
Angex